How to Apply
ELSC Graduate Program Registration
Important dates for applying for the 2022-23 academic year:
- International students application deadline: February 28th, 2022
- Open Day: March 3rd, 2022
- Israeli students application deadline: March 20th, 2022
- Orientation Day: – A few days before the start of the academic year
- Start of the 2022-23 academic year: October 23rd, 2022
ELSC considers candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree (or are in their last year of studies) in one of the following fields: natural sciences, mathematics, social sciences, engineering, computer sciences, and medicine. To be eligible for admission, ELSC requires a record of academic excellence (an average of at least 85).
International students who are not native English speakers are required to submit proof of English proficiency with one of the following exams: TOEFL (minimum score of 89), IELTS (7), AMIR (220), AMIRAM (120), or European standards (B2).
Candidates whose previous studies are from English-speaking institutes in countries as UK, USA, Australia, etc. are exempted from presenting proof of English proficiency.
- Current CV.
- One-page statement of scientific interests.
- Official transcripts from each university attended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
How to apply
If you are already enrolled at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, click here.
Applying to the ELSC Ph.D. program is done online via the following steps:
- Create an account at https://hsr.huji.ac.il/
- Once you have created an account, you will receive an email instructing you how to sign in and apply directly to the Graduate Program.
- After logging in with your account, international students should select Special Programs and then Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brian Sciences. Israeli students should select the option for Israeli citizens.