Ordering any of the EVCF services is a simple and straightforward process.
The following information is required to complete the order for EVCF services:
1) The researcher is required to submit the service request through EVCF order form.
2) Estimated delivery times depend on virus type and and may vary according to EVCF pending orders. Typical production times are:
rAAV: about 3 weeks
- rLV: about 1 week
- DNA plasmid amplification: about 1 week
For individual order supply times please contact EVCF directly.
3) Materials and reagents supplied by the researchers:
- 40-80 µg of the LV or AAV plasmids. DNA must be produced by endotoxin-free protocol (endo-free midi/maxi plasmid purification kit);
- Plasmid DNA must be of high purity, with A260/280 ratio >1.8;
- AAV ITR-containing plasmids must be checked for recombination by digestion with SmaI or XmaI enzymes, confirmed by the gel image supplied;
- Lentiviral plasmids must be digested with the corresponding restriction enzymes to confirm the correct insert size; also confirmed by the gel image;
- Vector map, sequence file and any special requirements for handling (toxicity, oncogenicity, pro-apoptotic activity, etc.) are required to complete a service order.
4) The payment will be charged from the ordering laboratory upon the completion of rAAV/rLV vector preparation. Standard form 29 (טופס 29) is required to be filled for this purpose.
5) Custom made AAV vectors can be ordered as:
- Small scale rAAV production (a crude purification that yields a mixed population of empty and full viral particles);
- Large scale rAAV production (an iodixanol-based purification; yields the highly puried full AAV virions).
6) rLV production scale depends on required target virus preparation volume and should be specified upon the order.