Visa to Israel and health insurance

Visa to Israel

It is recommended that students planning to arrive in Israel for a post-doctoral internship acquire a multiple-entry A/2 student visa from the Israeli Consulate in their country of residence before arriving in Israel. This visa is generally issued for 12 months; thus students who are coming for the year are advised to obtain the visa close to their date of departure. If needed, the visa can be extended yearly until the end of the student's studies.

For questions regarding the visa process please contact:
Judy Goldstein:
Idit Nusilevitz:

If you are coming with family (spouse and/or child) they should acquire multiple-entry accompanying family A/4 visa prior to arrival in Israel. Please bring with you copies of your marriage license and your children's birth certificates (official English translations), as applicable.

Important: A fine will be charged for failing to extend a visa before its expiration date.
Postdoctoral students from India, China and Korea must contact Judy Goldstein at for help with their visa application.

Please note that holders of A/2 student visas and A/4 accompanying family visas are not allowed to work in Israel. Students are allowed to receive fellowships.


Health Insurance

All students at the Hebrew University, including part-time and external students, must have health insurance coverage for the period of their studies.

Postdoctoral students:

For issuing a health insurance, please fill the form and email it to Mr. Yoav Cohen Melamed.

Please call to confirm receipt of the form and discuss terms of payment - tel: 02-5882869


Jerusalem landscape